I have been using Storyline for years to turn out effective web-based training (WBTs) for a range of clients. I stay current with the craft; not just for myself, but by facilitating online Storyline workshops through the San Diego ATD chapter; taking a leadership position in the Storyline community of practice with my Get Good with Storyline workshops.
You can join me and others with Storyline development expertise online the third Wednesday of a month by registering on the San Diego ATD website calendar, or click to see some of the workshops I have facilitated:
A delve into layers, plus guest presenter Jacqueline Silva. Oct 2021.
A delve into animation and Accordions, plus guest presenter Jodi Sansone. Feb 2022.
A delve into tips, tricks, and best practices. Led by workshop facilitator John Morley. March 2023.
A delve into web objects. Led by workshop facilitator John Morley. May 2023.
Storyline Support Levels
With ample overlap to meet your specific needs, I deliver Storyline magic at basically three different levels: Turn key, Conversion, and Training.
Need someone who can “just do it?” I can lead you through the complexities of the entire process, while ensuring that your input is honored at every step.
- Initial interview—To clarify scope and get to know your learner, a process informed by decades of instructional design experience.
- Statement of Work—For a meeting of the minds on just what needs to be done, based on insight from decades of media production work that recognizes the challenges, and sprinkles on the magic of what works to improve job performance.
- Research—Interviewing SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to define and refine the content is a skill in itself. This means I show SMEs respect and make the best use of their time.
- Design—The best surprise is no surprise, and my scripts and storyboards are the workbench where creativity and ideas are honed into an effective solution, continually inviting your input, to ensure the finished product meets your needs and expectations.
- Development—Using Storyline to bring the vision to life, making you look good, and creating learning support that improves job performance.
Already have a PowerPoint, storyboard, or an instructor-led-class (ILT) you need to take online? Avoid the challenges and expense of doing it in‑house, while benefiting from Storyline’s depth of functionality known only to true wizards. I can help you manage expense by bringing in wizard-level expertise only when needed.
When the expertise is needed in house, I’m a wizard at helping others up the learning curve. Whether you or your staff members need training, trouble shooting is needed, or your resident ID needs a collaborator with Storyline expertise, I can be on call when needed.
Several lessons on the basics are ready to go, custom training can be developed, or having a wizard on call to answer questions and make suggestions is a proven approach to saving time and improving the quality of learning support.
A few Storyline development samples follow, other work typically involves content for internal use only. So as a wizard of my word, I can’t hang this stuff out for just anyone to see. However, I can show it during an online meeting with you. Just email or call to set up an online meeting and I will be happy to show whatever I have that’s as close as possible to what you need.